People often say that a girls’ best friend is a diamond. While this may be true, one of my closest friends, is Fashion in general. That includes, shoes, accessories, an issue of Cosmo, and a good movie.
From experience, I have comprised a list of fashion films, trends, and my overall faves.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s: This movie is based on a novel written by Truman Capote. The story of a dazzling and adventurous young woman in New York City who meets a man when he moves into her apartment building. This classic flick has a variety of styles that have gone down in fashion history, particularly, the infamous Little Black Dress.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009): From the novel, The Girl in the Green Scarf. Rebecca Bloomwood loves to shop. The problem is, she shops way too much and becomes overwhelmed with debt. Rebecca would love to work at the New York City’s top fashion magazine. Due to unexpected turn of events, she earns a job as an advice columnist for a financial magazine owned by the same company. Her column becomes an overnight success, but her secret life of financial anguish threatens to ruin her love life and career.
- The Devil Wears Prada (2006): Besides The Lion King, this is my ultimate favorite film. Made from the same titled novel. Andy, played by Anne Hathaway, is a recent college graduate with dreams of becoming a news writer. She lands a job at Runway magazine, (a mecca of fashion publications) she finds herself the assistant to the devil herself, editor Miranda Priestly, played by the amazing Meryl Streep. Andy questions her ability to survive in the dog-eat-dog world of the Fashion industry.
- Tim Gunn’s Fashion Bible: The Fascinating History of Everything in Your Closet- This inexpensive book by the amazing Fashion icon himself, fulfills its duties in covering almost every clothing item in our closets, tracing and explaining their evolution. He offers advice on how to choose our clothing wisely. Gunn includes both men and women’s apparel and answers some of the most common questions, like what to wear to an evening formal event to which scarf goes with what belt. (Retails at $14.99 on Amazon.com)
- In Fashion: From Runway to Retail: This helpful guide created by Estée Lauders own, Annemarie Iverson covers every aspect of fashion careers possible in the industry. From retail merchandiser to costume designer. This book is full of insightful tips and advice from leaders at Michael Kors, Bergdorf Goodman, Condé Nast,and many many more. Anyone interested in starting a career should read this handy tool. (Retails at $13.99 on Amazon.com)
This summer make sure you check out this list and please let me know what you thought. Let me know if you have any books or movies that you feel should be added to this list.
Until next time.
LaModa Viva xoxo